Want to be more involved and have your voice heard? Then think about volunteering to serve on an LTPA Task Team. Be a spokesperson for your area, network with fellow members and help guide the direction of your association. Find out what's really going on around the state by volunteering today!
The Chairpersons and Staff Liasons will work out their meeting dates. Each Task Team typically meets 2-4 times per year, either in person or via conference call.
- Advocacy: help monitor legislation and be proactive in the legislative process; and help create more awareness on the importance of the tourism industry
- Attractions: work on the directory/guide; assist other attraction owners and managers in better promoting their businesses; help educate attractions
- Louisiana Tourism Leadership Academy (LTLA): assist in candidate selection; help plan for the six class sessions
- Finance: meets quarterly (usually by conference call) to review and approve monthly financials and the annual budget; the LTPA Treasurer chairs this group and reports back to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- Marketing: assist in developing and executing the annual LTPA Marketing Plan with subcommittees for Culinary Trails and Outdoor Adventure
- Membership/Education: assist in recruiting new members and retention of current members; help create educational opportunities at the Tourism Summit by suggesting speakers or topics to the Steering Committee; suggest educational programs for the membership
For more information, contact Cindy Tullier.