About Louisiana Tourism
2014 was a year of growth and accomplishment for the Louisiana tourism industry. Under the direction of Lt. Governor Jay Dardenne and Assistant Secretary Kyle Edmiston, the Louisiana Office of Tourism continues to be a positive economic driver for the state and to promote Louisiana both domestically and internationally with the "Pick your Passion" brand.
- 2014 was the third straight record breaking year for tourism in Louisiana.
- During 2014, 28.7 million visitors spent $11.2 billion in Louisiana - This is an additional 1.4 million more visitors than 2013.
- The 2014 visitor expenditures resulted in $836 million in state tax revenue.
- The revenue generated through domestic and international visitors represents a more than 38-to-1 return on investment of state funding of the Louisiana Office of Tourism.
- The Louisiana Office of Tourism is an investment that returns more money to the state general fund than any other state agency.
- 223,000 Louisianans are employed in the travel and hospitality industry, which was the number one growth sector for last year.
- LouisianaTravel.com ranks fifth among state tourism websites with more than 2.2 million unique visitors.
- Louisiana Travel’s social media efforts ranked fourth among state tourism offices.
Click here for 2013 Louisiana Tourism facts
Click here for LTPA's resolution supporting Visitor Enterprise Funds
Click here to find out how domestic travel impacted your parish (based on 2013)